Following

Do you begin and end your day with the world framed by a window or windscreen? Maybe it’s your own or perhaps it is the fingerprint smeared one of the bus or train. Do you run? Or cycle? Do you stare ahead, focussed on the point of horizon, enjoying the sensation of the landmarks flying past you? Or do you walk? Head dead ahead. Music sounding. Telephone chattering. Daydreaming.

Have you walked or driven the same route for as long as you can remember? Have you one day, for whatever reason, looked up and seen something that surprised you? A building above a shop perhaps? A blue plaque? A piece of graffiti impossibly high up? A flag. This blog is about what you can see when you tilt your chin and see a different view of your everyday world.

Look up.

You might enjoy it.

You might see something good.

@lookupblog

Thursday 26 April 2012

A big thanks



I apologise for having not posted for ages. I have recently moved and everything, both the house and my own life is still a little chaotic at present. I am hurriedly trying to find work which is never fun and at the same time come to terms with the fact that I have departed from everything and almost everyone I know to live with a boy.

But it's not all bad ;) A quick check of Facebook via the library (I don't even have internet yet which is part of the posting problem) showed up that a very lovely friend of mine has mentioned me on her Flickr page (something that I should probably follow suit with at some point). This friend of mine takes fantastic photos and I always love to see what she has been capturing on film. The mention of this blog was coupled with a great up-shot of a towering building and, as well as it being technically great, it also gives me a fuzzy feeling that as well as reading my blog, people are actually taking a little of its advice. I'm not changing the world, I don't even want to, but I'm quite touched that someone has read this, looked up, and seen something that they wouldn't normally have seen. 

Many thanks and lots of love to you Helen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment